Wednesday, March 30, 2011

sloppy joe 2.0


Last night, I decided to go all retro at it, sloppy joe style.  The difference between my joes and your local school cafeteria (unfortunately)?  Grass fed beef, organic tomatoes, homemade rolls.  Yeah, the cheese is regular old kraft american cheese.  There are some things that must remain the same.  I won't hand over my fries recipe just yet.  Let's just say that my 9 year old could barely breathe from shoving them in his mouth so fast.  Love that child. 


Sloppy Joe 2.0

1 lb of grass fed beef (I get it from http://www.rockymtncuts.com/)
8 oz organic tomato sauce
1 clove garlic minced
1/4 cup organic cane sugar
1 TB dijon mustard
s&p to taste

heat a little olive oil in a skillet.  throw in the beef and cook until no longer pink.  add next 5 ingredients.  cook 10 more minutes, or until thickened and liquid is reduced.  serve on a bun or eat over cornbread (best with leftovers)             



No comments:

Post a Comment